Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Blizzard 2015

Wow, October 22, 2014 = last blog. Sorry for the long absence. I really have no excuse other than pure laziness or sheer lack of fun - probably a combination of both. Which brings us to present day, January 27... aka Blizzard 2015.

I'm literally laying in my bed with anticipation.  I have no idea what has transpired between midnight EST and now, or how much physical labor I have to look forward to.  But as sure as Santa makes his mark every 25 of Dec, I'm fairly certain it's a winter wonderland out there. 

Giant snow storms are the best. There's nothing better than gearing up for a few days off of work tending to Ole Man Winter's finest. You stock pile your favorite food and drinks, and you hunker down. You shovel, eat, drink, binge watch you favorite Netflix program - and repeat.

And if that wasn't enough, the calm and serenity of it all is majestic. No cars on the road, no sounds of hustle and bustle, just nature at it's winters finest... leaving a blanket of white- postcard perfect. 
And I must admit, there's nothing better than a New England blizzard to take the heat off the stupid 'deflate hate' conspiracy.  And guess what?? Get Over It!  Hot air expands, cold air compresses      It happens to our door frames, ring fingers and car tires daily.  Basic science my friends, pretty sure we all learned that in grade school.... I digress. (Go Pats).

That said, I should amble out of bed and see what Mother Nature has bestowed on us this fine morning.  Here goes, wish me luck (pics to follow).

1/30/2015
I lied... no pics to follow.  We only got about a 1/2 ft and it only took 1 round of shoveling for about 45 min to clean up.  Lucky me :)  Although my counterparts in NH, MA and ME got walloped... not so lucky for them.  But not to worry, it's not even Feb yet.  There will be plenty of more snowfalls before the season is over.  Heck, if it's gonna be cold it might as well snow.  And by snow I mean SNOW, enough of this half-pint, icy/wintery mix garbage.... that stuff's just down right dangerous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment